Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Congratulations to Stanley Falkow, Microbiologist Extraordinaire and Lasker Winner

Short one here as I am at a conference. Very happy to see Stan Falkow get a Lasker Award.
"The breadth and depth of Falkow’s career is being recognized with the 2008 Lasker-Koshland Award for Special Achievement in Medical Science."
He is a great scientist but more importantly to me, he has an infectious (no pun intended) enthusiasm for science, microbiology, and life. For more detail, there is a really nice article in the Stanford Report about him and his career. Every time I interact with him (e.g., when I was a student at Stanford) I feel like I got a microbiology passion boost that lasted for years. And clearly he has had this effect on many many others. Congratulations to him for a well deserved award.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...