Sunday, July 28, 2013

Another genomics meeting featuring men men men and men: International Forum on "Genomics, Innovation and economic growth"

Well this is just peachy.  Saw this tweet
And my first thought was - please - please - please let this meeting have a decent gender ratio. I am so so sick of genome meetings that have gender ratio issues. Alas, then I went to their site: International Forum "Genomics, Innovation and economic growth"

11 plenary speakers. All of them men.  See here.
Forum president: 1 man
Advisory Board: 5 men

Crap crap crap. What is WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

Nothing else to say really.  But I will not be going I guess I can say that.






2 comments:

  1. I recall that at the Future of Genomic Medicine there was a better ratio.

    Best,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it was better .. though not sure what it was

      Delete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...